Director of Sales
- - State College, PA
- State College, PA, USA
- Full Time
Plans and implements sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests' needs
• Committed to making every guest is satisfied
• Develops added-value customer service programs
• Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance
• Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
• Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
• Implements and practices guest service initiatives, trains, and performs to Scholar Hotel Management Standards
Sales Director Operations
• Sales Director is responsible for selling sleeping rooms and catering services, and banquet facilities through direct client contact and over the phone to maximize total revenue and ensuring sales goal are met and exceeded.
• Established client base and cultivate relationships, building business, and assisting the Director of Sales in providing a stable and positive work environment for the team.
• Attain weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals prospecting and cold call.
• Attend appropriate trade shows and conventions.
• Attend appropriate industry mixers.
• Conduct site tours of the hotel.
• Prepare and present proposals.
• Use HyattConnect as a resource for sales information.
• Manage accounts proficiently and accurately.
• Use Delphi for updating and tracking accounts.
• Provide customers with accurate information for their overnight accommodations and meeting and banquet in formation.
• Keep accurate records.
• Monitor billing accounts.
• Assist accounting with delinquent accounts.
• Move throughout property to conduct site inspections. Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
• Handle account detail so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Utilize Service Managers to coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
• Conduct sales calls, promote the hotel, and review competition reader boards to develop leads.
• Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
• Represent hotel at trade shows, industry events, and local events as specified by Hotel Marketing Plan. Set up exhibits involving bending, stopping, lifting and reading overhead.
• Attend appropriate daily, weekly, and monthly meetings.
• Complete any tasks assigned by GM and DOS
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Scholar Hotel Management standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
• Comply at all times with Scholar Hotel Management standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Other duties as required
• Responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new business in order to maximize revenue profits.
• Knowledge of a hotel structure and how all departments interact.
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner, in order to solicit business, meets client needs and resolve complaints.
• Ability to move throughout the hotel to conduct site inspections.
• Detail oriented.
• Have knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
• Have effective verbal and written communications skills.
• Be sales and customer service oriented.
• Present a professional appearance and dress.
• Be a team player.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Any combination of education and training within hotel sales may also be considered or other sales experience.
• Past hotel sales experience a plus but not required.
• 4 year College Degree; High School Diploma or Equivalent
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
• Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and supervisors for optimum operation of the property
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required at this time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear
• Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus